Triggers to MIDI

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 4 21:22:16 CET 2012

Before I go blowing anything up, I thought I'd ask a question that
maybe someone on the bar could answer:

What kind of voltage range to trigger pads (like the kind used in drum
kits) use?

See, I have a Yamaha DTX-Multi12 pad kit, and it has some external
trigger inputs.  I was thinking I could use this as a way of
converting triggers from my modular into MIDI signals, but I don't
want to damage the inputs by pumping them with too much voltage.

Also, as trigger pads have no power source of their own, I would
imagine that I'd have to do something to prevent voltage coming from
the pad kit hitting the modular?  Maybe not?

Anyone have a clue before I break something?

Tony