The old designs are always better

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 1 18:49:29 CET 2012

On 01/01/2012 17:11, Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> What you guys need is a real good "kakelugn"!  :)
>
> Pot-belly stove/oven.  Works great, never lets you down, burns like mad.  Lived by one all my life in Australia..

That's what I originally meant by wood burning stove, though they can
burn coal and other alt. solid fuels as well. The things supported and
funded by government (pellet burning central heating etc.) are way ott.

I'm not normally a cheapskate for things like this, but am quite partial
to this little tubby one:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/barrel-cast-iron-stove

It has a very high max output for this place, but, you know, you can
always run it on a lower burn or open a window and doors ;)

Must be able to heat a kettle or pot too, to save even more energy..
'free' energy, huh?
No brainer.