RPM - Mastering

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Tue Feb 21 21:19:46 CET 2012

On 21.02.2012 7:24, deeplfo wrote:
> Can we set Sunday to get our tracks to Martin?

The earlier, the better - and early tracks might get more love than
last-minutes ones. Keep in mind that I'm on GMT+1 time. My junior
usually goes to bed around 9pm, which imposes an early end to mastering
on the speakers.

I know, I'm putting pressure on, but I have to be realistic about what I
can offer.

On the technical side: Please consider the usual rules for mastering:

- Make it sound as good as possible at mix-down.

- Absolutely no limiting please, and only apply bus compression if you
really must... I'll try to make the whole album as consistent as
reasonably possible, so highly compressed sources might just end up with
the volume turned down.

- 24bit sources preferred. I should be able to read FLAC compressed
audio (I just upgraded to the latest Samplitude version, hence I now get
native FLAC support).

Bye
Martin