Re: BBC: �art Over

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Feb 20 21:40:48 CET 2012

> The Culture that Iain M. Banks describes is a pleasant figment, but no more than that.
> - Peter

I'm with you on this one, Peter.  Seriously, anyone who thinks mankind can do without work is lazy and fooling themselves.  There is nothing wrong with work - its great, in fact very healthy to have a good work life.  But if you don't like doing things for others, and only want to be served by the people around you, then tough luck.  Entropy is a bitch, and she won't sit still just because someone thinks work is unnecessary.  Work is necessary - or else the Universe wouldn't be expanding in the first place.  Work is what happens when the soul of man decides that the Universe is a mess and ought to be cleaned up a little, and when that is being done for the good of us all, then you have great works being done by great men.

Seriously, I can't fathom the mindset that makes the conclusion that we shouldn't all have to work.  There's just no end to the disaster that would occur if that were to be a more wide-spread belief ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan