Mountain Lion

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Feb 18 10:51:53 CET 2012

> When I'm on the phone, remember it is a PHONE, I don't want to be deafened by the sound of an email, facebook or text alert sound!!!!

Its not a phone any more.  Phones were for the 80's.  Personal computers are now in your pocket.  Oh, you can use it as a phone - same way you can use a computer as a typewriter to write letters.

;)

> I want to be able to change the text alert sound, BASIC functionality on 99% of mobile phones for the last 10 years.

Yeah, this is a real bitch point for me as well.

I have 5 email accounts on my phone, and only use my phone to briefly check mail - on occasion (the ibisum@ replies) I use the phone to reply, but for the most part - the PC is still where you need to do the filtering.  Thats because Apple don't want your phone to replace your computer, even though .. it has.

> It crashes on me - sometimes when I pop it in airplane mode, say over night, and then turn it on in the morning, I tap "settings" and I get a blank settings page, no way of taking it out of airplane mode, reboot needed.

Totally weird, I use airplane mode all the time and that doesn't happen for me.

> Will I be buying an iphone again? Nope, back to android for me.

I have my pick of Android phones at the moment, but my iPhone4 is just too entrenched for the conversion .. Plus, I can't stand the mess of Android - so much crap software to de-install/try to ignore, and so on.  I'm using a Google Nexus One for development - the thing feels like a surfboard/plank in my pocket.  Somehow, I think Apple got some things right in comparison with the Android scene (certainly its a lot more fun to write software for iOS than Android, which is a disaster when it comes to testing use configurations..)

;
--
Jay Vaughan