Mountain Lion

Paul Maddox yo at VacoLoco.net
Fri Feb 17 21:52:56 CET 2012

Andrew,

> Well for me this does not usually happen because verizon does not do data and voice at the same time, but when I am on wifi it has happened occasionally I think, thought never really bothered me. I see how it could be annoying. Not sure if it is normal behavior or a bug. What you can do maybe is set up a geofence around certain locations to turn off notification sounds.

does it for me all the time, VERY annoying.

> You can, in settings/sounds/ ,if you want custom sounds I believe you just need to change the file name extension on the files- Joost knows more about this.

I've done this for a custom ringtone, but as far as I can tell you can't upload a custom alert sound without jail breaking it.

> You can change the respond address, just tap the reply address in the reply mail you are composing and you can select.

worth knowing, thanks.

> Yea I don't think it has filters. But I don't think the default email app on android does either, but my memory could be wrong.

the android one picks up the filters from your googlemail account. I had expected that when "syncing mail" it would sync filters aswel as whatever it was syncing.

> The one annoying thing for me is you can't have different sigs for different accounts.

Less annoying for me, but agreed, it's daft.

> That's weird, do you check your running apps occasionally, it should work fine without you having to manage, but sometimes it's good to quit apps running in the background everyone in a while.

yeah, I regularly kill apps that I've "closed".

> I get very few crashes with the core apps. If an app seems to crash, go back to the home screen, bring up the app manager (double click home button) and quit the app. Then go back into settings and it should be ok.

most of the apps are fine.
Facebook sucks, but hey it sucked on every device I've ever used :)

> It's a personal choice, but I feel the opposite.

I guess I spent to long with an android phone, and now I find the iPhone just "awkward" to use.
I forgot to say, I like the music player too (the android one, on random, would sometimes play the same track twice).

it's a personal thing as you say.

That said at the time I wanted a new phone, I didn't want a massive phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) or something tiny, the iPhone was the right size.

Paul

VacoLoco
http://VacoLoco.net