Cycling in the UK - what you should consider before you start

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Feb 17 17:37:07 CET 2012

Op 17-2-2012 17:08, punkdISCO schreef:

>> It doesn't appear excessively low for grievous bodily harm... it also
> depends
>> whether he had any previous convictions, etc.
>
> I did not see GBH in that video.  I saw attempted murder..

Attempted manslaughter if anything (it was not premeditated), and given
that he swerved to hit him from the side, means that he may not have
intended to kill him.

Look, the guy is a maniac, should be locked up and not be allowed to
drive a motor vehicle ever again. But you have to look at the severity
of the crime, the consequences thereof and the history of the perpetrator.

- Peter