BeagleBone Progress (was Re: getting armed)

Paul Maddox yo at VacoLoco.net
Thu Feb 16 08:28:36 CET 2012

Finally found a build that worked ;

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu

then discovered I couldn't get an IP address, after much digging I found there's an issue with getting an IP address lease with 100M links -
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/a84133aef678f1c9/f50f171efc954ce4?show_docid=f50f171efc954ce4

which lead me to a video of how to fix it -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak30G-shiYY

and it works, it now boots, gets an IP address and I can SSH into it and start adding packages

I did;

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install man (there was no man pages)

and it's all working good, so I now have ubuntu 11.10 (headless) running on my BeagleBone.

A lot of messing around, but I think I've learned a lot about linux in the process.

Paul