VCS3 (EMS)

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:01:49 CET 2012

Hello I would like to know; what would be the cost for you guys to make it
instead to buy it second hand ...
Does it will be a big difference for price or not ???
Cause I'm very interested or exciting  about this space out device but it s
quite expensive for me   :)
Maybe  a day I will get one who knows  :-P
Anyhow Big respect than you guys can build such devices .. :)

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Tony Hardie-Bick <tony at entity.net> wrote:

> On 10/02/12 13:13, tom adam wrote:
>
>> Are you saying that the matrix does something to the sound?
>> I was not planning building one with the matrix ;-)
>>

> r u serious? :) yes, there's crosstalk. whether that's significant depends
> on the particular patch (impedances etc), although, by modern standards,
> pretty much any sound is coloured by it (we are very used to the clarity of
> digital systems).
>
> there are many other wonderful imperfections in the design. something i
> noticed last time i spent time with one, is that the non-resonant filters
> (on the output channels iirc), really colour the sound massively (as well
> as probably distorting a bit too).
>
> The whole thing is a chaotic serendipitous masterpiece.
>
> Tony (HB)

Romain