Eventide Space

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:07:40 CET 2012

I had a similar experience with the Eclipse I had in my studio for a
while.  It sounded great when it was alone, but it seemed to really
depend on what I was feeding into it to get any kind of result I
liked.  It was very picky.  It was also a fantastic nightmare to
program.

Reverb, in general, is something I don't like.  My lack of hearing on
one side means I don't perceive reverb the same way normal people do,
and the algorithms are all targeted to tricking normal people. To me,
no reverb sounds 'natural'.  Hence why I tend to use it more as an
effect, and get someone with two functioning audio nerves to check
over my mixes.

It is a shame about the space.  I was really thinking of picking one
up, but now I am not so sure.  There is not shortage of them second
hand, so maybe thats the way to try one out.

Tony