VCS3 (EMS)

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Fri Feb 10 14:26:13 CET 2012

On 10/02/12 13:13, tom adam wrote:
> Are you saying that the matrix does something to the sound?
> I was not planning building one with the matrix ;-)

r u serious? :) yes, there's crosstalk. whether that's significant depends on
the particular patch (impedances etc), although, by modern standards, pretty
much any sound is coloured by it (we are very used to the clarity of digital
systems).

there are many other wonderful imperfections in the design. something i noticed
last time i spent time with one, is that the non-resonant filters (on the output
channels iirc), really colour the sound massively (as well as probably
distorting a bit too).

The whole thing is a chaotic serendipitous masterpiece.

Tony (HB)