Gert's party - 10 cm of snow

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:06:03 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM, komatos <komatos at comcast.net> wrote:
> 10cm? That's less than 4 inches. Here in the midwest US we don't shutdown
> until we get over a foot of snow.

A couple years ago when I was in Cologne, they were experiencing some
"big" snow storms.  They had about 10 inches on the ground, and
everyone was complaining about it.

Being from Chicago, I felt right at home.  Nothing shuts down here
unless it is much worse than that (though some things may be delayed).
 The biggest thing you have to worry about, really, are drivers with
out of state plates who aren't accustomed to driving in it.

If the trains were shut down by 4 inches, or the roads were not plowed
the next day after even a foot of snow, there would be serious
consequences for the local politicians.  The politics of snow are very
important around here.

Tony