Android Apps

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Sat Feb 4 00:45:22 CET 2012

On 03.02.2012 11:03, Peter Korsten wrote:
>> I've finally entered Android-land on the mobile phone. What are the
>> must-have apps?
>
> You may want to try Waze. It's a social networking GPS navigation app,
> and runs on anything: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian.

Waze looks pretty cool. I'll have to see how it works out in practice.

One thing comes to mind: Is there a mapping / navigation app that
supports offline operation? The typical use case would be a GPS navi
that I use abroad. I'd want to download the full maps of the region
while I'm connected to a WiFi (e.g. at the Hotel), but disable roaming
data access while on the road.

Martin