MOTU 828

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 12:45:10 CET 2012

Hi Tony

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/motu828mkii.htm

I don't know much about the 828s but, my whole setup is based about the Moto
PCI 424 card.  This offers a HUGE amount of expandable IO (96 channels) with
very little CPU drain as DSP based mixer on the PCI card.  Expansion is also
very inexpensive, especially once you start looking at the MKIIs rather than
the MKIIIs, or, if you don't mind plugging in a few ADAT Behringer Pro8s (I
have two of these).

Anyway, if the 828 works as well as my 2408/424 setup, you wont regret it.
Personally, I would go for a Moto PCI DSP setup rather than putting the
strain on your CPU via a FireWire or USB box.  On the MKIII 828 it looks
like you get some pretty HOT DSP effects but, do you need these?

But yeah, Motu rock!

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk