iPad 4

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Dec 29 08:34:12 CET 2012

Don't get him an iPad, Peter .. the Nexus7 is a far better user experience all around.  There are kids apps being written for Android too - I've been following this scene a bit and there are definitely more and more "simultaneous multi-platform" releases going on ..

As for the geometry, lets just put it this way: my two year old hacks the hell out of all of the devices, and it doesn't matter a damn that the iPad is bigger than the Nexus7.  In fact, the Nexus7 gets more love precisely because its lighter, easier to tote.

If you have to go iOS for some Peter-K reason, check out the mini.  Honestly, hands get fatigued holding the iPad-normal-size for longer than 20 minutes.  Steve Jobs was wrong about this.

j.

;
--
Jay Vaughan