iPad Question - iTunes sharing

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:58:14 CET 2012

On Dec 26, 2012, at 4:16 PM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

>> Yup, this.  Turn on Home Sharing in your iTunes, then go to Music on your
>> iPad and look for your computers name ..
>
> Thanks Jay and others for the pointer..  I have done this on my PC and on
> the iPad.   On the iPad I can see my iTunes purchased tracks but, not the
> rest of my library.
>
> Interestingly, on the iPad if I goto Music (with iTunes open on my PC) I see
> an empty screen with "Playlists, Songs, Artists, etc" along the bottom (but
> no tracks).  If I then close iTune on my PC, the iPad instantly says "No
> Music".  So, there is some communication going on but just not seeing the
> tracks on my netstore (NetGear Stora).

this might be an issue - do you have some tracks stored on your PC and others on the netstore? as well as keep "iTunes media folder organized" and " Copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library" unchecked in iTunes advanced properties? This could be the issue because your library is spread over multiple places, maybe if you consolidated the library to just the netstore? Or maybe, is the portion of your library that does not show up in a odd format like ogg?

If you can play the tracks from your pc that you purchased then it is working, just need to work out why the other tracks are not showing up.