Quick modular jam

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Dec 22 09:04:45 CET 2012

> Reverbs are a big problem for me..and they are very subjective things.  My
> hearing issue means I don't perceive space correctly so I usually have to
> mix reverb so it sounds wrong to me so it will sound right to those with
> two functioning ears.  I've considered getting an eventide space, but
> having borrowed an eclipse at one point and really not liked the reverb...I
> am not sure I'd end up keeping it.  If anyone knows of a good hardware
> reverb, I'd love to know about it.

You know what I've re-discovered has some really great Reverb abilities lately?  The Yamaha A5000 Sampler.  I'm not using it so much as a sampler, but as an effects rack .. with 6 independent modules, and 100+ Programs per module, its a real beast of a unit.  If you can pick one up somewhere real cheap, I'd suggest digging into it a bit and checking it out .. there's some quality in the Yamaha reverbs that I find appealing.  I know a lot of people hate the SPX-era technology, but in our recent jams we've been using it and really appreciating having it ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan