iPad synths & sequencers, how does it fit in the workflow?

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:47:20 CET 2012

I have a bunch of them, and I should probably just stop wasting my money...

They all sound great, but I have not gotten around to actually using any of
them in a composition. None of them have excited enough for me to run out
and get a MIDI interface for my iPad so I could do so.

Tony

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Joost Schuttelaar <
joost at joostschuttelaar.nl> wrote:

> Last weekend at Gert's, we were talking about all these cool new
> synthesizers and tools like the iMPC for iPad. One thing I've been
> wondering quite a bit, how do people use them?
>
> VST's back in the days were just a synth engine plus some controls, but
> apps like the iPolysix and iMS20 have multiple synth voices, drums and a
> complete sequencing environment. A bit like Rebirth back in the day. You
> can make a simple track with the app. But does anyone do this?
>
> Or do you just MIDI it up, and record over analog, like an old fashioned
> hardware synth?
>
> Or audio over WIFI? Or export wave date (copy paste) from the sequencer in
> the synth and paste them into a bigger DAW, like GarageBand or...?
>
> Right now I find that I like to toy with them, but that for making any
> production I just run AU's in Logic...
>
> So what do you do with them? :)
>
> --
>
> Joost Schuttelaar