Mac Book Pro for Photoshop?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Dec 17 09:38:24 CET 2012

My advice: don't buy a Macbook Pro right now.  Wait until March/April.  The MBP's are in an 'interim' design phase whereby Apple are phasing out old stuff (ExpresscardPCI) and getting ready to implement new stuff (multi-touch tablet LCD interface on next MBP).

If you buy now, in 3 months time you'll wish you waited for the new lineup.

If you *really* have to buy now, then save some money and get a late-2011/early-2012 Macbook Pro, which can be upgraded easier than the existing generation.  There is nothing "Pro" about the current lineup - the Pro's were left in the dust and given a paltry upgrade this year. Next year they'll get bumped to a new plateaux.

j.

;
--
Jay Vaughan