Aurora

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Sun Dec 9 19:08:24 CET 2012

Hey Paul,

On 09.12.2012 1:17, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
> My best advice would be to partner with someone who has experience in
> business.

I totally agree with Tony.

But how about just going ahead and designing your synth the way you
imagine it? I understood that your primary motivation was having your
very personal polysynth. So there's nothing stopping you from doing just
that.

If afterwards a lot of people want one too, I'd start worrying about the
business side. If you want to keep your risk low, you can simply license
the design to an established business and reap some of the benefits
while accepting that somebody else might get rich (or go bankrupt...). I
think this is the best way to keep doing what you consider the fun part
(assuming that running your own business is not what you really wanted).

Martin