New DSI Synth - Mopho x4

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 16:55:09 CEST 2012

Hi Tony

> I think, actually, the PEK gets more
> grief than the Evolver does simply because the PEK has a keyboard and
> knobs and people want to compare it to Prophet 5 or a Moog.  Dave Smith
> has even stated his goal was not to recreate the past but to create something
> different.

This is a good observation.  I too started with DSI with a Mono Desktop and although the interface sucked, I did not expect so much out of it sonically - it was a source of odd and quirky sounds and it did these very well.  Now I have a PEK, I expected more out of it so maybe this is my issue and where my slight disappointment comes from...  Perhaps I need to swap it for a MEK as this would bring it back to what I expect from a DSI synth..

But yeah, good point..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk