desktop synths

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:51:37 CEST 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Paul Maddox <yo at vacoloco.net> wrote:

> All,
>
>  Silly question,
>
>  if I was to make a desktop synth, how would you feel about something that was a bit like the "mopho" in look.
> i.e. a small box, LCD and a few knobs.

I do not like this Sam I am.

>  would you be willing to pay more for a knobby interface?

I usually am willing to pay more for better interfaces. A mopho seems like a "deal" but in the end it's just frustrating. But from a synth makers position you might wind up selling more units simply from it being more affordable, and younger kids don't remember synths with lots of knobs :)

But beware the French - the Minibrute is going to blow up the whole market, cheap and lots of interface. I feel like things are going to change.