And now for something completely different ..

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Aug 3 11:45:45 CEST 2012

> Huh? "Most definitely"? You really think that Mayan and Balinese
> architecture is standard material for architecture students?

For the designers and architects of America in the 50's, yes.  60's, not so much.  70's, a fair bit still ..

> It's a DOOR. It's a hole in a wall to walk from one space to another. It
> doesn't take much fantasy to look at it as if it were a mouth.

Look at the ART, which was CREATED by HUMAN HANDS and is NOT A SHAPE.

> First of all, that's a pretty strong assumption. Because you don't have
> access to those languages, or at least you think you don't, you take a
> bunch of photos, without any other context, and start drawing conclusions
> on those.

Well Peter, if you can decipher this and tell me what it means, have at it:

http://www.google.at/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ancientmexico.biz/images/dresden-codex.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ancientmexico.biz/maya.html&h=800&w=601&sz=309&tbnid=Aqn53LVnQt4NzM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=68&zoom=1&usg=__uCRYT0ZFMShwwxDBeLE7Z4_wswE=&docid=-MYDqJvAI4ZCKM&sa=X&ei=E50bUM2UHonmtQbqqYDQDQ&ved=0CIEBEPUBMAQ

I'd love to know what the hell they were talking about.

> What evidence? It's circumstantial at best. Again, you can't just take a
> couple of photographs in isolation, and draw conclusions from that. You
> need to look at the whole picture, and that includes so much more than just
> imagery.

You can most certainly approach things from an Artistic line, rather than Purely Righteous.

> Also, a not-so-insignificant difference would be that the pyramids in Latin
> America were primarily places for human sacrifice.

All we know is they were used for that purpose.  Like Roller Discos at the old Gas Stations!

> Your problem is that you're always looking for a box to look outside of. If
> there isn't such a box, you'll invent one.

Ha!  Good one!  I agree with you on that, as well!

> From a psychological point of view, it would be interesting to try to
> figure out why you always think that things are being kept hidden from the
> world at large and, in particular, you.

Nowhere have I said I wanted a 'psychological view' applied to me, but I will humor you and say this: where did I say I think things are being 'hidden'?  All I think is that there will always be an eternal mystery to the human species, or at least .. I hope so.  If that makes me mad, well .. okey dokey.

Off to get my kid and paint something odd in the garden ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan