And now for something completely different ..

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Aug 3 09:41:54 CEST 2012

> It was an interesting article so, thanks for posting Jay.  But like James's
> very well put observations, I was kinda thinking all the way through the
> article "hmmm, square doorway in Mayan; square doorway in Balinese - wait a
> second! My doorways are square - fuck me, am I part Mayan/part Balinese?!!"

Thats really a superficial and derisive result, though.  Did you not read the details?

> But it was fun and I will defo lookup Gerts extra links when Im not getting
> badgered by Leah to finish a track..

I myself find very little value of this subject in the academic mode, and far more value from the perspective of artistic interpretation.  Can we compare two tracks of different musicians and not find similarities that warrant a conclusion "A influenced B", with as much integrity as Artists may muster?

;
--
Jay Vaughan