Paris do's & dont's

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Thu Aug 2 23:09:49 CEST 2012

On 02.08.2012, at 20:23, Peter Korsten wrote:

> So yes, do visit it if you have the chance, and if you think it's a good idea to take your children there.

I think (but that may just be me) that children should be involved in all sorts of cemetery-visits, funerals etc.

When I was 8 my great-grandmother died (I really liked her) and my mother didn't take us to the funeral, thinking that it was too much for us. I never had the chance for a farewell, that bothered me even then.

Also I think it's very heartening when little children are present at funerals, especially grandchildren. Just goes to show how things go on, even after death.

But these days I also came to think that we all, in our society, try to push death and the thoughts about it as far away from us as we can, and that is a very unhealthy thing. One day we all die and so will our loved ones, so we should be prepared to deal with it. Death is a part of life, so we should learn (and teach) to accept it as such. That's hard enough, I guess, but trying to ignore it just won't work either...

But that's just my opinion. :-)

Kai