MIDI interface - suggestions?

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:20:01 CEST 2012

Gentlemen,

After shelling out lots of €'s for the PC, I'm not that eager to spend
any more than absolutely necessary, and not even that to be honest.
Thomann's cheapest 1x1's cost ~17€, which isn't too bad. So 8 of those
+ hub/hubs would be in roughly the same ballpark as one MOTU express
(195€), so I'd probably go for the MOTU. And possibly expand later
with the "hubby" approach.

I also don't need the flexibility an extensively configurable MIDI
patch bay/interface would provide, so the Roland, while looking like a
good product, is probably overkill on so many levels. MOTU also have a
"full" version of their 8x8 interface which provides similar
capabilities, but that's almost 400€, which simply is out of the
question.

***

However, Tom's comment made me re-visit M-Audio's site, and lo &
behold, there appears to be a driver for Win7 after all. Somehow I
missed that at 2:30 in the morning...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Cheers,

Kim