DIY sysex fader box status and questions.

ToAd tom.adam at thebigear.be
Mon Apr 23 22:23:45 CEST 2012

Ok, a few basic questions:

I've got this for statement running 4 times (for each switchVar and
OLDswitchVar) in the void loop:
for (int k = 0; k <= 3; k++)
     {
       int j = (2*k)+1;
       int i = j-1;
       int a = bitRead(switchVar1, i);
       int b = bitRead(switchVar1, j);
       int OLDa = bitRead(OLDswitchVar1, i);
       int OLDb = bitRead(OLDswitchVar1, j);

       if ((a == 1) && (b == 1))
       {      }
       if ((a == 0) && (b == 0) && (OLDa == 0) && (OLDb == 1))
       {       }
      else
      {
       }
      }

1) how do I make a function of this that I can call up in the void loop?
Something in the line of:
array calcpotrot(byte switchVar, byte OLDswitchVar) ---(what exactly do
I need to put between ()?)
and than change the for loop in void loop to
potrot1[3] = calcpotrot(switchVar1, OLDswitchVar1)
SHould I end this function with a return statement? Or is it somehow
defined in the syntax?

Next one, how does one do this:
oldvalue = value;
for an entire array with same length?

Last one, any idea what's wrong with this:
for (int n = 0; n <= 3; n++)
   {
     int c = OLDvalues1[n];
     int d = encoders1[n];
     values1[n] = c + d;
     values1[n] = OLDvalues1[n];
   }

I should get me a good book about the basics, i guess :-\
I hope you guys don't mind these posts, just let me know otherwise.
Cheers,
ToAd