Ipad | synth apps synch with daw(s) + other stuffs

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:56:31 CEST 2012

Hallo Barians,
I m a happy owner of an Ipad3 ( finally :P)  ..
Just bought  ielectribe ... but it seems i can t synch it with logic 9 ...
(  i think i can fix this more or less but if someone have a solution, i
would be glad to hear it .. )

Through my researches far as I know,  the only  decent synth app who works
in synch with logic9 is Animoog ( via wifi, airport)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpMAGhjK5U&feature=related
btw : Animoog is 24euro now days not 3euro anymore :S ( but i think i will
buy it tho)

I was wondering if some of you have already tried to synch ipad' synth apps
with a daw ?
If yes, which one has the possibilities as the animoog in their Main
Setting : " "Page:" field, select: Setup > MIDI, and then in the MIDI
Inputs box" ?

I wanna know before to buy the awesome ISM20 from korg ...
Korg developed WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology via blue tooth)  to
synch Korg' ipad apps together ( which should be very nice for the next
Ampfea Meeting ;-) but i don t think there is a way now days to do the same
with Logic 9 or Ableton  ... Am I wrong ?
It would be a shame cause imo a synth app without midi send or synch
mode feels like a toy to me ... ( ok i can do music with toys but what if I
want to edit it ?)

-----

Now about daws controller:
Did anyone try V control Pro ? (I m quite attract to it) nb:  there is a
free version if someone wants to try the basic basics ...
I know in probability  Barrians like TouchOsc in general and  i think i
know why  ;) ...
Lemur gives me a 'hard on' since few years  :) but i wonder if my macbook
2007 will manage to deal with the cpu usage for  all effects variation in
real time...
Did anyone never try the Lemur  app?  :-P ??????????????
Nb: AC 7 Pro doesn t appeal to me ( for me it s like your ipad become a
behringer BCF 2000 )...

--------

About Hardware for the ipad ..
I bought the camera kit ... It s works but i m a bit afraid to damage the
connector plug from the Ipad side ... ( no one thought about this before or
I am alone ?)
Also I plugged the ipad to my RME firewire to record something live with
ielectribe and i discovered that the amount of volume/gain is quite low
compare to other audio devices in general + i have some noises background :
*fan sound* : I know it sounds quite paranoid but till now  i tried with
two different cables and still the same result, i will try with better ones
cause with head phones it seems alright ( but i guess the camera kit was
not pluggeg when i tried with the head phones) : no background noise
the weird thing is I don t think it s a electric ground problem cause with
another device with same cable to the same Inputs of the RME  => no
background noise ...
 (I  guess this happens only  when the camera kit is connected ... i will
try again soon )... :S
Does anyone have experience this ?

----

If someone wants to light me a bit more it will be  appreciated as usual :)
While waiting I wish you all a nice day/eve .

Cheers

--
Romain