Ipad 3 charging issue

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Apr 12 18:49:39 CEST 2012

Op 12-4-2012 11:32, Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Ah yes, Ruby.  BTW, Ruby installation and maintenance pretty much sucks on all Linux distro's, because distro's are not maintaining the Ruby package as well as the Ruby team are .. and they're expecting most Ruby'ists to use 'rvm' instead:
>
> http://beginrescueend.com/

Ah, good to know.

> Its definitely a dilemna for us distro-types, but rvm (and Ruby in general) is best maintained locally.  Distro's aren't really doing the Ruby thing so well - and CentOS is especially lousy in this regard.

Yeah, one thing that irks me is that there are I don't know how many
Linux distributions, and slightly fewer distribution methods. Oh, for
the simplicity of FreeBSD and its ports system (and lack of software,
but hey).

The reason why I moved to Centos is because that's what's mostly used in
our company (other than Solaris, of course), and Solaris means having to
build all those packages by hand, or pay. The machine runs, like most of
our servers, on a virtual machine.

And it's a bugger to actually do anything with. :) Not one, no, TWO
packet filters/firewalls to make your life a misery.

> BTW, since Redmine is a stock-standard rails site, I think you can try it out without having to integrate it into your existing webserver configuration .. go to the redmine dir, type 'script/rails server' and you should get a locally-addressable webserver configured to run the redmine app which you can use to try it out .. assuming you got as far as doing a 'rake db:migrate' to get your database set up, of course. (ymmv) ..

Yes, I think what's missing is getting Ruby to play nice with Apache.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.

The Apache server already runs mod_svn and authenticates against
Microsoft's Active Directory. It was... slightly simpler to set up. Once
you've figured out how to authenticate to Active Directory, that is.

- Peter