Arduino Due

Jon Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 22 11:03:10 CEST 2011

On 22 Sep 2011, at 08:42, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> looks interesting:  http://arduino.cc/blog/2011/09/17/arduino-launches-new-products-in-maker-faire/
>
> Definitely interesting from the perspective of having more power to plug into existing Arduino shields (I might get one for my critter-guitari pocketpiano) but sort of not interesting from the perspective of having a powerful ARM-based board to base new projects on.  Well, maybe its a little interesting from that perspective, but I think there is more bang for the buck out there with things like the Panda board and so on ..

+1 - it makes a lot more sense for them to continue working in the hardware hacking area rather than getting more into already somewhat crowded world of low powered "real computers" (Panda, Beagle etc).  Personally I've never bumped up against the ceiling of the existing Arduinos but I'm sure there are people that could use something similar but with more grunt.

Between this news and the Beepcat it's been a good few days.

Jonny