Track critique invitation - Voynich - Alocrom

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 21 15:31:43 CEST 2011

Op 21-9-2011 11:58, Chris Strellis schreef:

> OK this should be better. I added a few more embellishments, notably
> ride cymbal in the middle 16 "beautiful" section and crash cymbal in a
> transition place and the end.
>
> http://www.voynich.co.uk/mp3/Voynich_Alocrom_V1.00_mastered.mp3

It's definitely an improvement over the previous version. One thing,
though: to my ears, it sounds like drum track (particularly the toms) is
completely disconnected from the chords, arps and lead. It's like
listening to two tracks at the same time.

Also, on my headphones, the stereo image sounds a bit narrow. Not with
the toms, though, and perhaps that's why they sound so disconnected.

Mind, it's a nice enough track there's just two issues that stand out
for me.

- Peter