Track critique invitation - Voynich - Alocrom

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 20 13:58:28 CEST 2011

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your comments.

> I'm listening on headphones and I'm noticing right away that you have
> stayed authentic to the 80's NOISE levels!  ;)

That's interesting you noticed that and of course I did for the reason
that this track is completely "in the box" VSTs all the way.  None of my
hardware gear was used. The noise is from a JX-8p emulator.  It emulates
the noise for the in-built chorus - LOL. I kept that in for
"authenticity". If it's too clean the 80s anoraks will smell a rat!

>  Also, to my ears it
> sounds a tad bit overdriven

A small note of explanation here may help. I will be submitting the
track unmastered. The project mastering engineer will try and make the
album sound more uniform and cohesive.  This was a problem with the
first album where tracks got submitted pre-mastered - mine included.
Some of the "overdriven"ness may be from the quick bit of T-racks
mastering I did just to present the song to you.

Cheers

Chris