iPad Moog

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 16 13:55:35 CEST 2011

Yeah - like Gert says, there is awesome stuff, and I do really like the Arturia filters - in some respects they're very close (not so much in the chaos domain, though).

Also, like Michael, I think I could be spoofed by some of the digutal emulations, at least, in a quick AB test.

And I agree with Marc that the excitement of performing with a particular kind of interface (particularly when one "knows" it to be directly connected to temperamental analogue circuitry) will dramatically affect the experience and therefore sound of performance.

But, no, I won't accept that these emulations are "good enough". The excitement of the originals does NOT have to be compromised, and in a world of code, such wonders could even be duplicated infinitely: Infinite inspiration. And it's totally possible. So I'm not hugely inspired by yet another almost-as-good-as. These are products/tools, whereas blindingly bright inspiration comes from revolution, not acceptance.

Tony (HB)