iPad Moog

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 16 13:02:17 CEST 2011

On 16.9.2011, at 11:08 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> Is there some theoretical reason why a digital synth cannot sound analogue? I can listen to analogue synths on digital media, and they sound the same.

it's probably the same reason as with the CGI creation of an animated human face.
They got very good over the decades and the results can be really astounding.
But looking at them  in many cases will reveal that "something is wrong".

Then again - although I dare to say I'm experienced with analogue stuff - I'm sure you could spoof me by playing some fake Moog to me.
I just thought of a gutted original Minimoog stuffed with a computer and I/O connected to the original knobs etc - would one notice?
(sorry for that - it's just hypothetical)

On the bottom line I never joined that war (I did join discusssions though!  ;-)  about analogue vs. digital but I can't cope with fiddly computer screen interfaces trying to pretend "I'm an analogue synth with ...ty knobs"!

;-)  m.

--
noise chasers: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist