PC broke down

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 14 09:53:50 CEST 2011

> ToAd (Going to look for a laptop that runs ubuntu studio and a new audio interface, any suggestions?)

Lenovo Thinkpad X220, configured to your needs, and the Presonus FireStudio or FP10 or some such similar thing.  I absolutely cannot stress enough just how under-appreciated the Presonus line are, especially given that it works so flawlessly in Linux.

(I'm biased though, because I had some involvement with Bridgeco, the Swiss company that makes the Firewire MUX components that Presonus uses, and I know the guys (and one gal) who developed that silicon..)

;
--
Jay Vaughan