PC broke down

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 13 22:36:02 CEST 2011

On 13/09/2011 21:17, tom adam wrote:
> I could need some assistance ;-)
> I've got a HW problem with my PC which makes it unusable ;-)

It cooould be the power supply, or defective caps on the motherboard.
The newer mobos thankfully use a lot less electrolytics on ones I've
inspected, but power supplies still use these a lot.

If you have a spare PSU of about high enough wattage to swap out, that's
the first, next test I'd try.

The PSU I currently use (for well over a year now) was in a friends
computer.
I was there when it failed, with a sound like a small calibre pistol.
The internal fuse had blown and 4 caps were bulging and leaking + one
cap had totally exploded. Out comes the in-circuit ESR tester ;)