Monotribe

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 11 11:56:41 CEST 2011

Hi Marc

> My advice when you got gas: find if Chris Randall did a review of it: he's
extremely critical and doesn't chew his words so he's gotta dig the dirt for
you:

I don't know this guy's background but I think he is kinda missing the point
of the Monotribe when he concludes: "this is a toy; don't buy unless you
have $220 burning a hole in your pocket".  I have seen lots of YT vids where
the Monotribe sounds very impressive and creative.  I tend to always favour
synths that have similar restrictions to the Monotribe;  Paul Nagles recent
SoS review hits the nail on the head when he concludes: "Taken as a complete
package, the Monotribe is cute, addictive and yes, undeniably limited. This
means that all the innovation and individuality has to come from you!"

He also mentions that the drum machine is "nearly useless" due to the noise.
I have never used a Monotribe but I seem to recall other reviews saying that
the headphone output is noisy but, the main output is not so.  Maybe he only
reviewed with headphones??

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"It's not even remotely creative or interesting." - Tony Cappellini