WTF!?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 9 09:45:12 CEST 2011

> But yeah, it's scary if you're not used to it. And if you *are* used to it, it's even scarier, given Jay's reaction to my message back then.

I don't remember what that was, remind me ..

I've been in a few sucky quakes myself.  I love San Francisco, but I will never live there.  The Loma Prieta quake scared the absolute crap out of me - I'd just arrived in SF that afternoon for a two day meeting, and was mere seconds away from the pancaking freeways .. was the closest to death I've ever come.  I think.

Then, the Northridge quake in LA.  That was scary as hell.  I'll never forget that one, it shook the absolute crap out of everything, and once I got out of our apartment, seconds after it stopped, I'll never forget the sound of the ruins around me.  It was amazing to me also, that the neighbors had gotten their shit packed and were on the road back home to Cincinnati within about 20 minutes of everything being still again ..

I will never live in a quake zone again.  It just makes no sense whatsoever, in my opinion. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan