Clearout: SID chips

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 6 23:14:02 CEST 2011

..Im a big fan of SIDs and often think they get a bad rep because people
assume they only do Chip Tune stuff..    However, putting those sounds to
one side, SIDs have an incredible raw analogue sound, and can be used as
uniquely powerful mono synths.

I have 4 in my HardSID, 1 x the rare 6581 (aka SIDStation), 1 x the rare
65(cant remember the number), plus 2 x the common 8580/8582.  I actually
prefer the sound of the common 8580s as the filter is more powerful..

But anyway..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"It's not even remotely creative or interesting." - Tony Cappellini