Clearout: Midiman Portman 2x4 MIDI interface

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 6 15:31:00 CEST 2011

Hey again Bar,

I'll try not to post too many in a row, but just found another item in
need of a new home already, so here it is.

It's an old Midiman Portman 2x4 MIDI interface (2 in, 4 out) which AFAIK
doesn't even have drivers for Win2K, so it's Win98 only.

BUT, apparently it will work with Linux, using the driver
"snd-portman2x4", see:

http://www.64studio.com/node/935

This is cool, because last time I checked, it wasn't working with Linux.

It is hands down the best MIDI interface I ever used - rock solid in
more ways than one.  But I no longer have a parallel port, so it's no
use to me.

In fact, I can't find the parallel cable or wall wart either, so you'll
need to get those (though they may turn up as I clear more stuff).

Seems like an ideal MIDI interface for someone doing MIDI on Linux with
a desktop machine that has a parallel port though.

Once again, free, you just pay postage.

Cheers,

Dave