Animoog + Eigienharp pico

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 29 10:43:57 CEST 2011

> I think that some of the more expensive Yamahas from the early 1980s, such as the DX-1, had polyphonic aftertouch as well.

I had a DX5 back in those days (until I left LA) and it had polypressure.  Problem was, it only went up to 100 - instead of sending a proper scaling from 0-127 (for MIDI CC), it only went 0-100 .. so often if you used it with external gear, you'd wonder why you weren't getting all the dynamics you expected.

> And whilst it looks cool at first glance, I wonder how useful it is to be able to have a different pressure per note. You need pretty good muscle control and hearing, for starters.

On the DX5 it was great, you could really get some expression happening, and with key zones it was possible to do really wild stuff.

;
--
Jay Vaughan