Supercollider dev question

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 26 18:19:03 CEST 2011

On 26/10/11 18:12, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:
> By skill. Truth is doing frameworks running on different platform is in my
> "easy" range, doing proper BLITs and numerical filters isn't. Even though I
> wound up with some interesting 'artifacts' in the piggy, it was all more luck
> than engineering !

actually, same here... it takes a bit of patience and skill to do this fixed
fraction stuff, and dither, and the rest, but no pain. OTOH I'll happily confess
to never having coded a BLIT or other band-limited osc (except for FM), but I'd
be more convinced to go the extra mile and learn that science, if the framework
was good to 140dB THD+noise, and hissing (inaudibly) in the background like a
bunch of PN junctions at studio temperature ;)

Tony (HB)