4S

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 23 23:10:02 CEST 2011

On Oct 23, 2011, at 2:02 PM, moron <moron at industrial.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:09:37 AM Synth.Net wrote:
>> I think this is starting to happen again. I'm seeing small macro
>> communities developing who meet up and talk regularly, using phone calls
>> or texts to ensure everyone knows where and when to meet.
>> I like this, the Internet is a tool, not the solution to social networking.
>
> I have never owned a cell phone though I am slowly starting to consider
> getting one just so I don't end up being the phone equivalent of the senior
> citizen standing all confused in front of the bank machine when land lines
> become no more.
>
> I also have never had a Facebook account and organize all my events outside of
> it.
>
> That said, I am definitely the exception and even folks that shouldn't use
> Facebook do (like the local Anarchist collective / bookstore here).  With
> email staying fairly toxic spam wise I don't see Facebook going away any time
> soon.

Good to see you back,

To me my phone and my tablet give me the freedom to be connected to online work or play without having to be chained to my desk staring at my computer. That way I only have to be at my work area when I'm doing actual production work, I think this is good for the brain.

You should try google+. I really look forward to my google feed as there are tons of interesting people on there talking about music and tech. And basically most everyone in my circles are strangers to me, we have just wound up in each others circles in a very organic way, based on interest rather than prior acquaintance. My Facebook feed is just filled with mostly the usual "look what I ate" " look what I shat out" " look what my cat shat out," present company on Facebook excluded :)