4S

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 23 22:41:04 CEST 2011

> Hey, we have wired too, but it's cable and not ADSL. Their servers (like DNS) seem to be a bit more stable, too.

I was thinking today about the good old days of the Internet, when a company had to have their own mail servers, Just Because Thats How You Did It, and then I daydreamed about having a nice little ISP, with simple i/o for a nice, happy, small hillside community island, or something, and it got me thinking about just what sort of situation it would have to be for a modem bank to become acceptable again, all that long, long stretching of wires and whatnot .. I bet they're out there, still, somewhere, little villages on the hill with bupkiss for upstream but a whole lotta local ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan