4S

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 23 20:47:53 CEST 2011

Op 23-10-2011 20:02, moron schreef:

> I have never owned a cell phone though I am slowly starting to consider
> getting one just so I don't end up being the phone equivalent of the senior
> citizen standing all confused in front of the bank machine when land lines
> become no more.

We ditched our land line. It was compulsory to have with an ADSL
account, but when our internet provider pissed us off one time too many,
we switched to cable. Since I work at a mobile company and get the phone
for free, and my wife gets family rates, it wasn't a hard decision to take.

> I also have never had a Facebook account and organize all my events outside of
> it.
>
> That said, I am definitely the exception and even folks that shouldn't use
> Facebook do (like the local Anarchist collective / bookstore here).  With
> email staying fairly toxic spam wise I don't see Facebook going away any time
> soon.

Facebook can be many things, which is what makes it so fascinating. You
can talk crap about your cat (um...), but you can also keep up with
product launches that interest you.

The biggest issue that I have with Facebook is that you can't organise
it along the lines that you like. You can't make a little box with
product announcements and another one with baby pictures, so everything
is just one big muddle.

As for privacy, I honestly don't care.

- Peter