Music video i've been working on

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 23 12:51:12 CEST 2011

On 22.10.2011, at 22:43, Andrew Tarpinian wrote:

> Hey guys, I've been working on this project - The New Deco Orchestra - with some folks and we just put up a music video on YouTube. The link is unlisted as of now as it's not completely done.

I really like the beginning at Grand Central Station, especially the part when the bass player plays on the nylon bag and the guitarist puts his hand on the case, the hand down the rail, the iphone "ping" and the coffee cup.

Then when you move to central park it all gets a bit weird. She stands there like she doesn't know why, the camera moves around a little aimlessly. The singer looks like she's thinking of ex-lover man (2:05). the vignetting of the dancing in the park scenes are a bit weird too -- is this a dream inside his dream? a vision of a musical?

I like the parts at the river (the silhoutette at 2:28) and in the room with the veil and the closeups of her face.the drinking at 2:50 is a bit too much like a commercial for New York tourism.

The way he talks is a bit artificial (or seems to me, I'm not a native speaker after all)

I think the strongest part is the imagination of the sounds while the musicians touch the objects in cases and bags.

But don't take me too seriously, this is just a fast running through it in search for some negative feedback (because that's what you are looking for, ain't it?), all in all it seems like a huge effort and a well made video.

Good luck with it!

Kai