Book recommendation

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 20 11:34:52 CEST 2011

> My current  recommendations are "The House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski (a bit hard to read, but very very good, eerie, uncanny, strange, horror) and "World War Z" by Max Brooks (Mel's son). Easy to read, very entertaining, being made into a move for 2013, the account of someone interviewing survivors of the world wide Zombie war that took place a few years prior...

Can't wait for that movie!

I know my two books aren't as philosophically redeeming, perhaps, as some other recommendations that might come from this thread, but thats the point of this thread - to expose us all to other interesting books!   So my current two books being read are:

"Lua Programming" http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/8590379825/lua-home-20
I'm learning the moai app development framework (http://getmoai.com) and this book is very exciting!

"Lego Technics Idea books" http://nostarch.com/technic_set.htm
I can't recommend these books (and the associated collection of technics sets) highly enough - my boys and I get so much fun from opening up some random page, building whats on it, and working from there .. the stuff we have made because of inspiration from these books, well .. they're just fantastic books.

;
--
Jay Vaughan