valve amp?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 20 07:01:52 CEST 2011

Op 20-10-2011 2:04, Joost Schuttelaar schreef:

> In my opinion the sound difference between (simply decent) amps is really small. The acoustics of the room, listener position and speaker quality have orders of magnitude more effect.

A friend of mine had these super-sophisticated speakers, that are more
or less the size of a small door (in width, height and particularly
thickness) and which are supposedly the bee's knees. He was into jazz,
or something similarly horrid, and whilst you could indeed hear a lot of
detail in those speakers, they also had absolutely no bass presence
worth mentioning.

In my opinion, this whole audiophile business is a load of tosh, but on
the other hand, I've trouble telling the difference between an
uncompressed audio file and an 128 bit MP3.

- Peter