M@ and The Dweez'

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 10 18:08:35 CEST 2011

On 10/10/11 15:33, Martin Naef wrote:
> Two TigerSHARC at 600MHz, according to their web page and the manual. That
> usually translates into 32bit floating point math (the TS201S supports up to
> 40bit float and 64bit fixed point)

The sane world of high-level languages? Cooool :)

> The specs of the AD and DA are good, but not out of this world (D/R 110dB,
> Crosstalk < -60dB over full bandwidth).

Yeah - I'm usually happy with 110dB D+N as a listener (as is the case here,
albeit via some far less impressive D-A converters), although I'm still
exploring how these very good figures might still perceptibly influence a
musician who practices long hours outside the highly compressed perceptive world
of rock music.

> I think somebody just sat down and implemented the algorithms without too much
> focus on cost-cutting, but probably a bit more focus on making them sound good.

Certainly I'm hearing some clarity, and I'd guess it comes from extended
precision of some kind, within the unit. Good to hear. I thought the crunch on
some of the distortions was as good as I've heard in the digital domain;
extremely usable within the context.

Tony (HB)