M@ and The Dweez'

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 10 16:04:01 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
>> (why?... cos you must always play music from the past, and constantly tweak the listener's interest by hinting at yet another historic style???? come on...)
>
> Cover bands.

Well, that *is* who buys the majority of music equipment,
unfortunately, so that is the market that companies who still make
hardware go after. I cant really blame them.

That said, in the case of the Axe-FX, its marketing betrays just how
deep the box is. FX blocks are connected in a grid (this idea borrowed
from TC Fireworx) and it is something like hooking up a bunch of
guitar pedals. Most FX have two or three edit modes:  Easy, Pro and
Geek.  In geek mode, you can really fine tune things and Ill be honest
that I don't understand half of what I am tweaking down there.  The
editor software is really very nice, and makes for a very easy to use
interaface. Its got more MIDI control than I have seen in a lot of
boxes, and it is very tweakable.  It has a nice mod matrix.
Basically, I consider it a synth for FX.

Also, just FYI: 24bit @ 48khz sample rate.  I dont know if the Axe-FX
II has increased that specification at all.

Tony